Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bow tie and back pack

Happy at last! We sat at the Boulevard Café in Bushwick having their excellent coffee and sandwiches after a ninety minute journey that should have taken thirty, due to an accident or incident that caused the police to close a half mile section of Linden Avenue.

Then, much refreshed, I spotted this young man at a bus stop as we drove along La Fayette towards
Downtown Brooklyn. I pulled in and as I approached him he seemed to know at once what I wanted. He adjusted his hat, asked where I would like him to stand and I took the photograph. He was wearing lime green pants which looked wonderful, but you couldn't see the texture and color of the bow tie so well in those shots.

3 comments:

  1. Now, this is effortless style...pulling off a bow tie with a neck tattoo and an eyebrow piercing - not to mention orange + purple + unseen lime green. Damn...cannot imagine how ridiculous most people [well, I] would look in the same get-up....quite the eye the subject - and, as always, the artist - has....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what about the shaved other eyebrow and hint of a goatee?! I'm trying to imagine what the lime green pants looked like on him... . Could Caroline post one of those shots on FB? Or does she have a photo of you taking his picture where we see his full statement? The kid is brazen, and as you sensed, clearly used to the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo. I am a teacher and he reminds me of the students I see roaming the halls.

    ReplyDelete