Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas tree salesman

First day back in Brooklyn for several weeks. The day started badly. Lunching at the friendly and cosy Boulevard Café on Bushwick Avenue, a young woman sat writing in a notebook at the next door table. Yes, writing in a notebook. When she stared out of the window she looked good, lost in thought. But a fuse box stood out prominently behind her head and I could not get myself in the right place without her seeing what I was up to. I abandoned it and we moved on.

Caroline spotted a man selling Christmas trees from a stall on Broadway. He obligingly gave me his time. If you have a section of sidewalk the length of a sizable store front, full of Christmas trees on December 4th, a Saturday, you do not have much time to clear them.

2 comments:

  1. If he is not an actor, perhaps he will think about becoming one now!
    This makes a great headshot for this handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cunning -- I would buy a Christmas tree from him but not a used car.

    ReplyDelete