Saturday, May 9, 2020

Three glasses


I took this photograph at the wedding of the late Gerald Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster in 1978. I can't be sure, but I believe this was his best man.

My way of doing weddings was to slink about with my Leica looking for moments that sent a shiver down my back. These moments mostly came from the antics of guests showing exuberance or boredom or anger or intimacy. Seldom did I get a picture of the bride and groom that moved me.     

We won't see fun and games like this for a while. I have not tried a virtual gathering, neither have I tried a meeting of friends sitting six feet apart and yelling at each other. (Anyway, how do you pass the bottle or tea pot around without breaking the social distancing rule—by robot?) Although, like many, I am missing the company of others, I think it better to wait and enjoy the safety of Caroline's company, the dogs and the garden for the moment.

The time to pour more than two glasses will return.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment